Saturday, August 4, 2012

101 in 1001 donezo

So this is the lamest of lame weekends as of late.  Bored as a mofo, so after doing some reading I realized my 101 in 1001 has ended.  I did not complete all 101 goals (expected), but it was still a neato list to create.  I will create a new one - it will include some of the goals I did not meet the last go-around but not all (hello "read the twilight series".. no thanks.) 
1
Read the Twilight Series  - incomplete.  I remember putting this as #1 when I created the list - hoping the hype would die down because I had zero interest in reading this.  The hype has died down and now its all about much more LAME fan fiction - 50 shades of horrible writing.  This one won't make it to my new list as I have found I still have no interest in reading the series. 
3
Start writing daily in a journal - I've kind of slacked on this lately but I still give myself the check mark. :)
4
Organize photo collection - this is difficult with all of the digital photos - however I have moved all of my photos to an external hard drive and organized them as best I could.  This appears to be an ongoing process......
5
Go whitewater rafting - incomplete.  Would still TOTALLY do this!
8
lose 15lbs oh yeah! :D
9
"Unplug" for a whole weekend - no BlackBerry, no Internet, no TV, no computer - this has been a successful event for many weekends!  Highly reccomend, and highly enjoyable!
11
Make a jar of 1000 origami mini stars - incomplete.  Zero desire to complete this.  I bought some origami a couple years back but I've moved onto other crafty projects I have more interest in.
12
Read 100 books - with my up and down reading phases I knew this would be a challenge.  When I started this, I hadn't actually been keeping track of my reads but I can admit to not reaching 100.  I have come to realize I read much more on my PlayBook than a "real" book.  Hands-Down.  Ebooks all the way!
13
Take a pole dancing class - While I did take a "flirty fit" class with my ex-sis in law, I never did go to a pole dancing class. 
14
Get another tattoo - Still looking for a new one.  There's way too much mainstream unoriginal shizz going around all over pinterest these days.  Mine will come soon enough, however. :)
15
Buy a house - bought it, lived in it for 2 days, left.  That's a story.  LOL
16
Milk a cow - this is completely on my bucket list and everyone thinks I'm bananers but I will milk a cow! I will I will!
17
Learn how to speak basic spanish - So frustrating that I haven't completed this.  I'd really like to take a class and learn some Basic Spanish.
18
Run a 10K race - Maybe one day.  Running isn't very enjoyable to me. :)
19
Drink only water for 2 weeks - I've probably come close to this, but I don't think I passed the 14 day mark. 
20
Go to New york City - This is definitely on the must-do list!  I will make it some day. :)
21
Drive around the Cabot Trail - Another goal easily accomplished but I just haven't made my way that way.  We have a goal to hit up the trail in the fall, however. 
22
Go Geocaching - Almost went, just about, but almost doesn't count.
24
Play Bingo - I was SO CLOSE to going to Bingo, but instead a surprise 30th birthday party was held for me.  I'll take it!
25
Go to Mexico - Oh Mexico, you hold a special, special place in my heart.  Muy bueno!  Went in Oct, 2011
26
Sell things on eBay - overrated & a lot of work. Haha
27
Try acupuncture - my bff girlie will be practicing acupuncture on me some day!  Worry not, she's certified! Haha
28
Try 5 new restaurants - So many to list.  We go out to eat way too much!
29
Go to a concert - The Trews & Bryan Adams - wha whaa!!! LOL 
30
Ask for someone's advice... and take it - Difficult, but accomplished.
31
Do 100 sit-ups a day for a month - Surprised I didn't meet this as I enjoy sit ups. 
33
Finish the 1st Outlander book - I will finish this book.  I will give it a true attempt.  I owe it to the cottage ladies! Haha!
34
Run a 5K race - Hungover, 35C outside, on my birthday no less. 
35
Attend the midnight premiere of a movie - This will not likely be on the 2nd list.  Midnight premieres are usually movies with all of the hype I can't stand behind.
37
Create a website for the cake business - no longer in the business but s'all good!
38
Take a photography class - Never got around to it. 
39
Bake an apple pie from scratch - Another one I'm surprised I didn't do.  I LOVE pie!  Frig, I used to make hobby cakes and I REALLY don't like cake.  I LOVE pie and.... I've-never-made-a-pie. What is wrong with me?!
40
42
Get contact lenses - got 'em.  Never wore 'em.  
45
Learn 50 ASL signs - I will do this. 
46
Go fishing - I blame this on the boyfriend.  He's been slacking.
47
Paint and display 3 canvas paintings - so close!  Completed 2 (Psychadelic flowers & Starry Night).  Started 3rd but it's been put on the backburner.
48
Learn how to knit - Still another case of the "focusing on other crafty projects"
49
Watch all seasons of Dexter - Enjoyable...but not as much as I thought it would be.  Now I've invested the time so I will continue.
51
Go up the CN Tower - Had no reason to go to Toronto, but if I do, I will make it up.  Has been so many years!
52
Go to the hot springs - possibly this month.  Possibly.  Man I miss Alberta!
53
Learn to make sushi - overrated. 
54
Attend a spin class - Likely will start soon.  Too many people keep chapping out, so I'll do it when I return from vacation.
55
Host a turkey dinner - I make a MEAN Turkey.  Let me tell you!  Free Range Organic million dolla dolla turkey no less!
56
Host a board game night - This used to be something I did.  The crowd was ALL wrong.  Left a bad taste in my mouth.
58
Slow dance - my favorite was the country wedding!  Nothing like slow dancing to country music! <3
59
Buy myself something from Tiffany's - I was selfless and made that purchase for someone else.  Wouldn't change a thing.  
60
Complete 3 Jigsaw puzzles - I absolutely love puzzles but man they take up space, and having a curious kitty nearby is not condusive to 100% completion.
61
Organize my closet - Thanks to some more-patient-than-me friends!
62
Buy a new coffee table - Acquired a new one.  Doesn't count.
63
Go to the gym 3x a week - yip yip! loving it!
65
Go to Oaklawn zoo - I GOT TO KISS A BLACKBEAR!!!
66
Go horsebackriding - Oh horses bring me way back to my childhood.  Some of the best memories with my daddio.  A few years back some girlies took me out on my birthday! 
67
Take a trip to Las Vegas - upcoming.  For reals.
68
Play a game of 18 hole golf - I was honest because driving the golf cart surely doesn't count. :)
69
70
Read 6 Biographies - I came close but came to realize that Biographies are kind of unenjoyable. 
72
Hang out at the library - got a library card (step 1).  Lost my library card (minus step 1).
73
Order a fish dish at a restaurant (not including sushi or salmon) - Beer Battered Haddock.  Strangely "ok" but not something I would see myself doing routinely.
75
Make pho - Still going to be on the list! 
77
Make homemade bread - overrated.  A lot of work for an instant of devouring it.
79
Go skydiving - I will go one day. 
80
Do 20 "real" pushups consecutively - I hate pushups.  Hate!
84
Get a facial - tentative plans, fell through.  It's a shame!
87
Go wine tasting - was SO close, but too hungover.  Sorry Jost!
94
Visit the Rocky Mountains - prolly this month.  Crazy poor timing. LOL
98
For every task I do not complete donate $1 to charity - $62 will be donated to a charity I choose shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment