Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home sweet home

I love my little apartment.

There are so many nights where I just turn the TV off, sit back and look around my little apartment.
And I grin.

This summer I spent countless hours looking for a new place to live. For the first time....ever, I was on the hunt for a place on my own. Such a random turn of events since just a few months prior I was on the hunt for my first house...which I bought, lived in for a weekend and as quickly as I was in the door, I was on my way out.

This apartment was a huge deal for me. The biggest mark of my independence. When I first laid my eyes on this place I knew it was the one. With the sun and the moon and the stars aligning, sure enough, my application was approved!

Movers helped bring my stuff over. Two incredible friends with helping hands assisted me with putting my kitchen and bedroom away.

Over time I started to take on little projects. There are no words to describe the feeling of accomplishment after installing the blinds in my bedroom and living room.
Of course there were f-bombs spit out quite frequently. And we won't talk about the mess of tools and nails needed to install the blinds. This was all part of the process.

I installed a hand towel holder by myself... after a few attempts.

There was the gong show which was the attempts made to install my headboard. Although I did end up having to ask for help with the headboard, it was still a pretty badass feeling when it was all done.

There were more projects that me and a few close girl friends of mine partake in. And most of the time there was booze involved. But again, I digress. It's all part of the process.

All I remember saying over and over, "Hell yeah I can do this!"

Honestly, not a day goes by where I don't take a quick skim of my place and remember that it's all mine.

And grin. :)

2 comments:

  1. And here I am ... with a towel holder purchased a couple of months back. Its still in the original packaging. I feel shame :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Installing blinds in a hurricane...humping a window..the best times :)

    ReplyDelete